Is the housing market going to crash? No. This isn’t a 2008 repeat because today there are half the number of homes for sale and double the number of buyers.
Is the Housing Market Crashing?
Are home prices dropping? Should you wait to buy or sell a home? Should you be panicking? NO! Here’s what’s really happening in the real estate market.
Are Home Prices Dropping?
The short answer: no. Home prices are based on supply and demand. And there are currently way more people that want homes than there are homes to put them in. What you can learn from this (and from the historical data that backs it up):
- Home prices are not dropping. They will continue to rise for the next five years—just at a slower rate.
- The market is not going to crash.
- As the market slows down and supply increases, we expect to see supply and demand level out in the next few years.
What’s Up With Interest Rates?
In 2020 and 2021, interest rates were at an all-time low and have since risen. Here's what this means:
- While it feels like interest rates are at an all-time high, they’re not. They were around 17% in the ‘80s!
- Don’t wait to buy a home until interest rates and prices drop—these rates are the norm compared to the past two years.
That’s right—RamseyTrusted. These Endorsed Local Providers (ELPs) are top-performing real estate agents Dave Ramsey and the Ramsey team trust to do what’s right for you no matter what. That’s how they earn (and keep) the RamseyTrusted shield.
Hey there! Unless you upgrade your browser, this page may not work properly.
Don’t Navigate This Market Alone
If you need help finding an agent—one who cares about you, puts your worries at ease, and has the experience to navigate this market—we can help. Our ELPs are RamseyTrusted and will serve you with the excellence you deserve. Fill out the form to connect with a pro you can trust.
Tell us what you're looking for!
Don’t let rising home prices stress you out. These tips will help you find a home you can afford, no matter where you live!
Figuring out how much house you can afford is tricky. But our home affordability calculator will help you calculate a budget that will work for you.