DECEMBER 8, 2023
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared;
2. What choices are available to you regarding our use of your data;
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information; and
4. How you can access, delete, or correct your information.
Each time you visit the Site, we may automatically collect certain types of information, such as the following:
* We may record your internet service provider's address, your internet protocol or IP address, your device ID, the web page from which you came, your web browser software, the type of handheld or mobile device used to link to the web page, and the language settings on your web browser;
* Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories, and other information you post or otherwise submit to us, including emails or other communications you provide to us;
* Data about the webpages you visit, including without limitation web browser specifications, websites visited before accessing our Site, and websites visited after leaving our Site;
* We may collect a record of your activity and interactions or your “clickstream” while visiting the Site, including the existence or types of data you may upload or the terms you search;
* Data about your device and nearby networks, including internet connection information, computer information, regional and language settings;
* We may use “cookies” (as defined hereinafter) or other common tracking methods of different types to recognize your computer’;
* We may use web beacons, match scripts, pixel tags or similar technologies that allow us to know if a particular web page was visited, an e-mail opened, links in the email utilized or if the advertisements on the Site or other sites were beneficial to the user(s), or other information that may help us improve your experience. In some instances, these technologies may allow us to match activities with particular users; and
* We may also collect any information, including personal information, you provide/input on our Site, such as chapter and course assessments, teachers’ first and last names, teachers’ email addresses, teachers’ application passwords (encrypted and thus not visible to Lampo), students’ schools of enrollment, students’ first and last names, students’ email addresses (for account creation and login only and not to receive emails from Lampo), students’ local ID number (if using One Roster sync), students’ application password (encrypted and thus not visible to Lampo), and students’ responses to questions, surveys, and questionnaires.
* In addition, we may also collect performance and usage related information associated with your use of our site.
Use of Information
Your information will be used for fulfilment of course requirements or other educational purposes of the educational institution providing the course. We may also use certain de-identified, aggregated data for our own research purposes which may help us with product improvements and analysis of our services.
We may also use this information to analyze and manage our businesses. Aggregate or combined data is collected from online and offline facilities and may be used to enhance the ability of The Lampo Group to communicate with you and to support business functions such as internal business processes, marketing, authentication, customer service, fraud prevention, and public safety and legal functions.
Your information will not be accessible to anyone other than the educational institution providing the course and our staff who have a need to access it to provide our services or support our business functions. We do not sell your information to third parties. Your student data will not be used for targeted marketing and advertising purposes. We will not attempt to identify or contact your student from data provided. We do not attempt to re-identify any de-identified data or aggregated data.
Sharing of Information
Due to the educational nature of this product, your information may be shared with your teacher, professor, and/or educational institution for lawful purposes.
Additionally, we may share your personal information with third parties, including third-party service providers. Some examples of the services that third-party service providers offer include:
* Managing and processing your personal information;
* Third party software providers or vendors enabling us to deliver the services;
* Developing, hosting or maintaining the Site;
* Aggregating/analyzing customer information and/or improving customer service. We may then share such aggregated information with prospective marketing partners and advertisers; and
* Other services that you expressly request which require us to share your personal information.
The Lampo Group may also disclose specific information when such disclosure appears necessary to comply with the law, a subpoena, or other litigation process or to protect the interests or safety of its visitors and customers, employees, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The Site uses “cookies." which are defined as small pieces of information (data files) which are unique to your device or account, and which are downloaded to and stored by your browser or other application on the browser or hard drive of your computer or other device when you use our Site. Cookies make it easier for you to use our Site by saving your preferences so that we can use these to improve your next and subsequent visits to our Site. Cookies help us learn which areas of our Site are useful and which areas need improvement. Cookies may be either persistent or temporary (or session) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular website, app, or service allowing those preferences to be used in future use sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Rights and license in and to data submitted remains the property of the school or district that provided it. On the Site we have implemented industry-standard cybersecurity techniques which incorporate principles upon which nationally recognized standards are set and which help protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information collected from you at the Site. In addition, transmission occurs via secure HTTP. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us. In this regard, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data while you are on the internet. At a minimum, we encourage you to make sure that you are using a secure browser as you surf the internet.
How to Correct, Access, and Update Your Information
If you wish to access information that you have submitted through this Site or to request the correction of any inaccurate information you have submitted through this Site, please contact your school for proper procedures. Alternately, you can call 800.781.8914 or email email@example.com, if your school does not require such requests to come from it.
Under Age 13
Other than for the limited purposes stated herein, we do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Outside the context of this educational service, if we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information that we have erroneously collected from children under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800.781.8914.
Under Age 18
Likewise, if we have erroneously collected information from minors under 18 years of age, such information may be deleted by sending an email to email@example.com requesting deletion. Please note that while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems due to certain technical limitations.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
CCPA provides California residents privacy rights, including the right to:
· Request the following information regarding our use of your personal information:
- Categories of your personal information that we have collected;
- Purposes for which we have collected or used such personal information;
- Categories of sources for the personal information we have collected about you;
- Categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information;
- Categories of personal information disclosed about you for a business purpose; and
- Categories of information that the business sells or discloses to third parties.
· Receive a copy of your personal information;
· Request us to delete your personal information (subject to certain exceptions that may apply); and
· Opt-out of the sale of your personal information (subject to certain exceptions that may apply).
A Virginia resident has the right to request that we (1) confirm whether or not a we are processing the resident’s PII and to access such PII; (2) correct inaccuracies in the resident’s PII, taking into account the nature of the PII and the purposes of the processing of the PII; (3) delete PII provided by or obtained about the consumer; (4) obtain a copy of the resident’s PII that the resident previously provided to us in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows the resident to transmit the PII to another controller without hindrance, where the processing is carried out by automated means; and (5) to opt out of the processing of the PII for purposes of (i) targeted advertising, (ii) the sale of PII, or (iii) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning the resident.
California and Virginia residents may make the foregoing requests by calling us at 1.800.754.4220 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and including “Privacy Rights Request” in the SUBJECT line. The email should also include the requestor’s street address and mailing address, if the mailing address is different from the street address.
Your exercise of these rights will have no adverse effect on the availability, price, or quality of our services.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Lampo Group, LLC 1011 Reams Fleming Boulevard, Franklin, TN 37064
Effective Date: December 8, 2023