Ramsey Solutions Offers Hope As Student Loan Crisis Worsens
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Ramsey Solutions Offers Hope as Student Loan Crisis Worsens
Educational tools and resources launch beginning Sept. 30
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Ramsey Solutions, known for its hard stance against debt, is launching a campaign on Sept. 30 focused on empowering and educating people in response to the national student loan crisis. The company is working to help families avoid the traps of student loans altogether and show them a better way to pay for college.
“Americans have been fed a lie – that it’s impossible to afford college without student loans,” said Dave Ramsey, host of The Dave Ramsey Show and CEO of Ramsey Solutions. “That lie has the average graduate burdened with over $35,000 in student loans from the moment they’re handed their diplomas. The system is broken, and we want people to know the truth – it is possible to pay cash for college!”
In an effort to shift the mindsets of Americans, the company has created tools and resources that will educate people on the truth about the student loan crisis and how to go to school debt-free. Those resources include:
- Debt-Free Degree Town Hall: A one-night event streamed live on Sept. 30 at 6:30 p.m. CT featuring Dave Ramsey and Anthony ONeal. For links and reminders, text “TOWNHALL” to 33789.
- Debt-Free Degree Scholarship Giveaway (sponsored by SpeedyPrep): $10,000 in scholarships will be awarded to eligible 9-12 grade students. Giveaway begins at Noon CT, Sept. 30 and ends Oct. 31.
- Borrowed Future: A new 8-episode podcast series that explores the student loan crisis and how to go to college debt-free. The podcast features real-life stories along with interviews from thought-leaders like Mark Cuban, Seth Godin and Dave Ramsey.
- Debt-Free Degree Book: A new book launching Oct. 7 by Anthony ONeal to give parents a practical plan to help their kids avoid massive debt while continuing their education.
- Additional resources include: a college cost calculator, scholarship search tool and college-visit checklist available at www.ramseysolutions.com/anthony-oneal.
“Parents and teens believe that student loans are the only option. But debt doesn’t open doors, it closes them,” said Anthony ONeal, author of Debt Free-Degree: The Step-By-Step Guide to Getting Your Kid Through College Without Student Loans. “I travel the country speaking to thousands of people each year and I meet students all the time who are working hard, applying for scholarships and grants and are actually graduating debt-free. I believe more parents and students can do this, but they need a plan. We’re here to provide that plan.”
For more information on the tools and resources provided by Ramsey Solutions, visit www.ramseysolutions.com/anthony-oneal.
About Ramsey Solutions
Ramsey Solutions is committed to helping people regain control of their money, build wealth, grow their leadership skills and enhance their lives through personal development. The company’s success is defined by the number of people whose lives are changed by a message of hope. Through a variety of mediums including live events, publishing, syndicated columns, nationally syndicated radio shows, and digital products, Ramsey Solutions uses commonsense education to empower people to win at life and money. Voted among Nashville’s best places to work 11 times, Ramsey Solutions employs more than 850 team members focused and dedicated to doing work that matters. For more information visit www.ramseysolutions.com.
About Anthony ONeal
Since 2003, Anthony has helped hundreds of thousands of students make smart decisions with their money, relationships, and education. He’s a national best-selling author and travels the country as a Ramsey personality spreading his encouraging message to help teens and young adults start their lives off right. His latest book, Debt Free Degree, launches October 2019.You can follow Anthony on YouTube and Instagram @AnthonyONeal and online at www.ramseysolutions.com/anthony-oneal or facebook.com/aoneal.
SpeedyPrep is an online test prep platform that helps students, parents, and adult learners save thousands on the rising cost of college tuition through “credit-by-exam”. Our platform helps students study for and pass tests like the CLEP exam, DSST exam, and more. Best of all, SpeedyPrep is affordable, easy to use, and backed by a money-back guarantee! SpeedyPrep is endorsed by Prometric as an official test prep provider for the DSST exam, and has helped thousands of college-bound students save time and save money on their degree. SpeedyPrep’s mission is to offer affordable test prep materials that help individuals and families reduce the cost of a college education and finish college faster with less debt. Learn more at speedyprep.com.