Many people pay extra money each month on top of their regular health insurance payment so they can get special insurance that covers them in case they get cancer.
If you have health insurance, you don't need to buy cancer insurance. Your current health insurance more than likely covers cancer!
Why don't you pay for a specialty insurance that covers heart attacks? Because your normal health insurance covers heart attacks. You shouldn't buy cancer insurance for the same reason. Instead of paying extra every month for insurance you don't need, put that money toward your debt snowball.
What You Need
Keep in mind, you have to have health insurance—you just don't need specialty cancer insurance. Unpaid medical bills are the number one reason people file for bankruptcy, so it's important that you're prepared with all the following:
- Good health insurance that covers cancer (most do)
- Long-term disability insurance
- A fully funded emergency fund
If you don't have health insurance, you need to get on that right now!
Here are a few things you can do today to move toward getting the right health insurance in place:
- Read up on why health insurance is an essential part of a smart financial plan.
- Go deeper to learn more about how to get health insurance.
- To choose the right type of health insurance for you and your family, talk to our RamseyTrusted health insurance partner Health Trust Financial. Their independent agents really know their stuff. In fact, they've been serving Ramsey fans for over 20 years. When you work with Health Trust Financial, they'll set you up with the best health insurance quotes and policies for your situation and explain all the insurance jargon to you. Plus, they'll never try to sell you something you don't need. Connect with them now!
Interested in learning more about health insurance?
Sign up to receive helpful guidance and tools.