Workplace Life Insurance
Get what your family needs not what your boss offers.
Your Employer's Life Insurance Isn't Your Best Option. Here's Why.
It's Rarely the Right Type and Never Enough
- Your employer may not offer a term life insurance policy—the best kind to have. Anything but term life insurance is a rip-off.
- Employer policies are often too small—$25,000 to $50,000. You actually need 10–12 times your annual income.
- Your employer can decide to stop offering life insurance as a benefit and cancel your policy, even without your consent.
- You need a policy you can control.
You're in Trouble if You Leave Your Job
- Group life insurance from your employer ends the minute you turn in your ID badge.
- You can’t keep any policy when you leave, even if you’re laid off or let go without warning.
- If you wait to get a new policy on your own, the rates only get more expensive as you get older.
- If you get sick and have to leave your job, you lose your life insurance. By then it’ll be tough to get life insurance on an open market.
Converting Group to Individual Is Risky
- In some cases, you can convert your group policy to an individual policy, but only if two things happen: Your policy includes a conversion privilege and you either get fired or your company stops offering the benefit.
- You only have 31 days to convert to an individual policy.
- You can only get the amount equal to or less than the group insurance you had.
Here’s How it Works:
Build Your Quote
Choose a Plan
Confirm With Zander
Only providers who do whatever it takes to help you win earn the RamseyTrusted shield. And when it comes to life insurance, this is a company that’s been serving our fans faithfully for over two decades. Seriously—we’d send our moms to them (and most of us have).
Determine Your Health Level
Using the “Health Factors” and “Height and Weight” charts below, choose one of the four health classes. Each company has different criteria, so these guidelines have been combined and simplified to give you the best chance of choosing your actual health class. Don’t worry, Zander will make sure your health class is accurate.
Build Your Quote
We need just a few details about you to give you accurate quotes.
The life insurance quotes are estimates based on the health class you have selected. Final rates are always subject to underwriting approval by the insurance company. There are many factors involved in the final approval price, such as (but not limited to) health history, lab results, family history and driving record.
The Lampo Group, LLC, through ramseysolutions.com, provides advertising for third parties, including Zander Insurance Group. This form is provided as a direct link to Zander Insurance Group’s site. Information submitted by you is collected, stored and/or used by Zander Insurance Group for the purpose of providing the insurance quotes you request. ramseysolutions.com, with your permission, collects only your name, phone number, email address and postal code. All other information, necessary for the generation of an insurance quote, submitted on this form is directly linked to Zander Insurance Group’s site and is in no way collected, reviewed or stored by ramseysolutions.com. Likewise, all quotes are solely provided by Zander Insurance Group, and are not generated or provided by ramseysolutions.com. The Lampo Group, LLC, is not an insurance company or insurance producer and does not warrant any sites, services or information provided by Zander Insurance Group.
We do not sell your personal information to anyone. You will not receive unsolicited, intrusive calls or emails from other agents and companies across the country. If you do provide your telephone number, a Zander representative or their partners may call or text message/SMS you at the phone number(s) above, including your wireless number if provided. Normal charges may apply. This call may be generated using an automated technology and if they're unable to reach you when they call, they may leave you a pre-recorded message, so you can call them back. Your consent to them calling is not required to get a quote or make a purchase and may be revoked at any time. You may simply call them at 800.356.4282. (Sorry for the long, boring disclaimer . . . our attorney made us do it.)