Your teen or young adult needs a game plan for landing a job and eventually a career they love. In this brand-new bundle, we’ve combined the #1 bestselling book The Proximity Principle with our Foundations in Career Readiness for Self-Study course for teens!
In the online self-study course, Ken Coleman teaches students how to get clear on their talents, passion and mission. He then takes a deep dive into how to make connections using the Proximity Principle, draft a resumé, and ace interviews. This online course will give your student the confidence they need to take control of their future and succeed in today’s job market. This online course is appropriate for ages 13–19.
In The Proximity Principle, Ken Coleman will answer the questions about who students need to know and where they need to be in order to find new opportunities, guiding your teen with the proven plan for finding a career they love. And he’ll show them how to put that plan into practice with the online self-study course.
How It Works:
Once you purchase the course, you’ll receive a link and a unique online class code. Follow the instructions on the email to register. You’ll have access to the online course for one year beginning when you first redeem the class code.
If I have multiple children, can they all use the same copy of the course?
The Self-Study edition of the course is intended for one student because the assessments included in the course can only be completed once.
- Fully digital content—all you need is a computer or tablet and internet access
- Stand-alone chapters that can be used in any order
The Proximity Principle
Foundations in Career Readiness for Self-Study
Customer Ratings and Reviews
About Ken Coleman
Foundations in Career Readiness for Self-Study Course Details:
Number of Assessments: 16
Number of Chapters: 4
Certificate of Achievement: No
Hours of Video: 1.5
Approximate Time Needed to Complete the Course: 6-7 hours
Applicable for School Credit: We provide educational content. We do not provide course credit; however, you may submit a request for course credit to your teen’s school or education system. Once your teen completes the course in its entirety, you may contact our team to request a certificate of completion. Please allow 2-3 business days for the delivery of the certificate. The awarding of course credit is at the school’s or education system’s discretion.
- Module 1: Self-Discovery
- Guides students to determine their talent, passion, and mission. Students will be led through a self-discovery process of determining what they do best, what they love to do most, and what results matter the most to them. Then, students will begin to identify what their dream job is.
- Module 2: The Proximity Principle
- Defines The Proximity Principle: the right people + the right places = opportunity. Students will learn how to put this principle into practice by networking and making connections. They will learn how to develop their personal brand, make the most of their first job, and get tips on finding an internship.
- Module 3: How to Win at Interviewing
- Addresses the interview process from start to finish: writing a resumé, drafting a cover letter, preparing for and acing the interview, and following up after it. This module gives valuable information about what students need to know about interviewing.
- Module 4: Getting Your Dream Job
- Prepares students to pursue their dream career. This module explains the value of an entrepreneurial mindset and how entrepreneurship skills can help in any job. Students will learn how to land their dream job by gaining an understanding of the importance of mentorship, learning from failure, and staying motivated in all stages of their journey.
The Proximity Principle Product Details:
Pages: 240 pages
Publisher: Ramsey Press
Release Date: May 13, 2019
Genre: Business, Career, Motivation
Target Audience: People who want to find a job they love
Weight: 1.7 pounds
Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 8.5 inches
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 - What Is The Proximity Principle?
- Part 1 - The People
- Chapter 2 - The Professors
- Chapter 3 - The Professionals
- Chapter 4 - The Mentors
- Chapter 5 - Peers
- Chapter 6 - The Producers
- Part 2 - The Places
- Chapter 7 - The Place Where You Are
- Chapter 8 - A Place to Learn
- Chapter 9 - A Place to Practice
- Chapter 10 - A Place to Perform
- Chapter 11 - A Place to Grow
- Part 3 - The Practices
- Chapter 12 - Creating a Web of Connections
- Chapter 13 - Making Your Connections Count
- Chapter 14 - Seizing the Opportunity
- Chapter 15 - Adopting a Proximity Mind-Set
- Conclusion - Pressing On
Are there assessments?
I have multiple children. Can they all use the same copy of the curriculum?
How long do I have to activate my course?
Shipping & Delivery
All physical products will be processed and ready to ship within two business days (often even faster). The total delivery time depends on the service you select and where your order is being delivered. You may see multiple shipping options to choose from during checkout. Our default choice will always be the most economical, but not necessarily the fastest.
Online Access Code
When you purchase a voucher item, you'll receive an email after completing your order. In this email you'll be provided both a link and a unique online access code. To access your product, click on the link and enter your unique voucher code when prompted.